Welcome, you sexy thing!

Friday, July 20, 2007

DVD Review!


Nina Hartley's Guide to G-spot Sex
Starring Nina Hartley with co-host Carmen Luvana
Melissa Lauren, Nicole Sheridan, and Voodoo
Lesbian and hetero content; safe sex; sex toys; informational.
Copyright 2005
79 minutes
Includes DVD bonus features
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Don't I Just Have The Best Job?"
A review of Nina Hartley's Guide to G-spot Sex
by Mermaid

I put this DVD on in my living room during the middle of the day, turned up loud for the neighbors to hear.

In this guide, Nina Hartley first briefly tells us what the G-spot is and where to find it. Carmen Luvana is her host, helping to discuss common questions and ideas about the g-spot. In Nina's signature teaching style, she strongly emphasizes personal comfort, safety, and finding what's personally pleasurable.

Then, Nina brings out a true-to-life anatomical map. It's almost as big as a real pelvis. She puts her fingers on the map. We have a good idea from there. From my experience, most sexual guides stop there, at that point. They quit when you're confident enough to try.

This is entirely different. Nina doesn't just stop there. Nina Hartley is not a quitter! Nina Hartley wants you to be able to pleasure a G-spot as easily as you brush your teeth.

The scene changes. Nina Hartley is in a dimly-lit, purple room, wearing a PVC nurse's dress. She presents Melissa Lauren in medical stirrups. After giving Melissa some very stellar head, she opens her up with a vaginal speculum. Yes, you heard me right! I admit that I was a tiny bit afraid of this demonstration, but extremely intrigued. Nina's gloved fingers point exactly to the G-spot.

"See that little guy right there?" Fascinated, I saw that little guy! She also uses an anal speculum inside of her willing volunteer. I had never seen the inside of someone's ass before! Needless to say, I was taken aback and very impressed.

She then shows how to use a standard G-spot sex toy. This was an eye opener for me; I had tried this toy once before, unsuccessfully... it turns out I was using it too high up! No wonder it never felt right. I also learned that breathing/blowing on nipples makes them instantly hard. Thanks Nina!

After that, she straps on an attractive-looking red dildo. She demonstrates how to stimulate a g-spot with your dildo/cock. They shift through different appropriate positions for g-spot stimulation. This was also an eye-opener for me; I learned some very easy positions to better my chances of having my g-spot stimulated during sex. Later experiments on my part proved that these positions were gold.

Nina and Melissa continue to fuck impressively. At one point, Nina almost looks tired out but is determined to keep going. That's our girl!

Next, Nicole Sheridan and Voodoo roleplay how to communicate with your partner when you want to try g-spot sex. I love how everyone in this video seems to be wearing clothing they personally feel sexy in; Nicole is wearing an amazing black and red PVC gown with slits down the front. They talk, make out, use sex toys, and fuck with the comfortable ease of two people who are dating off-screen. (It turns out that they actually are dating/married!)


On the flip side:
- I assume that most people interested in g-spot sex are also interested in female ejaculation (if not more so!). After seeing impressive displays of jet streams from people in other porn movies, someone might mistakenly buy this video in order to learn how to replicate this skill... and be very disappointed. Nina only briefly brings up female ejaculation.
She informs the audience that the topic is worth going into in-depth at a later time.
She also notes that people shouldn't feel less sexy if their bodies don't female-ejaculate (a valid point).

I looked online and saw that she has a seperate video guide on this subject (Nina Hartley's Guide To Female Ejaculation). Aw, c'mon Nina... don't hold out on us now! I'm assuming the production company had a major role in making separate videos for the subjects.

- The bonus DVD features aren't very impressive.
When you click on "Bonus Scene" you're treated to a weird porn scene with a very greasy-haired guy with a stained shirt and a woman in a cheerleading outfit, fake breasts and razor-burned pussy. "Oh, you nerd!" she purrs at him during coitus. Pretty disgusting, huh? Even my porn-loving boyfriend was repulsed to the point of anger by this scene.

The "Gallery" is a slideshow presentation with "bow chicka bow wow" music and still-shot photos from the guide itself. Why not just watch the guide over instead of watching this?

The "Trailers" consist of previews for other Adam and Eve films; while entertaining, they're not clips for Nina Hartley-related movies. "Behind The Scenes" and "Interview With Nina" are mildly interesting at best, but mostly a snore if you're all hopped up and want something hot to orgasm to. Unless you get off on hearing Nina Hartley talk about "afro" hair-picks!

I personally think the DVD would be better off if these extras were left out entirely. Instead, replaced with information and demonstrations about female ejaculation! Or, at least, provide better porn than the Cheerleader and the Nerd scene.

In conclusion:
With the exception of the bonus features, this guide is well-worth watching; regardless if you're an anxious beginner or a fabulous sexpert. Leave your expectations of female ejaculation at the door and simply enjoy this informational, horny guide to enjoying sex.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At July 21, 2007 at 6:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review! Having seen Nina's Guide to Female Ejaculation, I'd say it sounds like the one you watched was better than that. There's some good information in Female Ejaculation, but the sex is very medical feeling and heterocentric. Nina fucks a woman with various toys, seeming pretty bored and neither seem turned on by each other and instead talk about what a guy could do. She also uses a big funny machine which seems pretty unrealistic for most of our sex lives.

 
At July 22, 2007 at 11:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're welcome! Yeah, I don't get why they didn't just include female ejaculation in this guide... it wouldn't have been difficult to do so. Holy crap, a big funny machine?! Was it like, a Sybian or whatever?!? That's insane!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home