Welcome, you sexy thing!

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Not Sorry.

I'm not one to wish death or personal injury on anyone, not even an enemy. I never found myself wishing ill on Jerry Falwell when he was alive, but I can honestly say that I'm not sorry he's dead. Not that it solves anything; there are plenty of fledgling Falwells just gnashing at the bit for a chance to spew their pith and vinegar... but it is nice to know that people like Falwell are, in fact, mortal. Whether or not he's gonna "meet his maker" or whatnot, I'm just happy I don't have to see his ugly-ass face in the news anymore. Or hear him say things like this:

"I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America. I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this [September 11th] happen.'"

Funny thing, Jer... but we're still here and you're not. And I can't say you'll be missed.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At May 23, 2007 at 12:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't care what it says about me, I am happy he is dead. What makes me sad is that his place is already being filled by the next new wingnut (perhaps Kirk Cameron).
-Loretta

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home